As we get back to practices in the month of June, we would like to provide the following information to ensure a safe return to play for our players, coaches, and staff. We have taken direction from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Governor Abbott’s Open Texas Plan, and South Texas Youth Soccer. Based on these resources, we have put the following guidelines in place. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself and your player with what to expect prior to your first practice.
BEFORE COMING TO PRACTICE
- Please take your player’s temperature before coming to the complex. Players with a temperature over 99.5 should stay home.
- If your player is not feeling well, regardless of temperature, please keep them home.
- Players must bring their own soccer ball, drinks, and personal equipment – Sharing personal items should be avoided.
- Players should use the restroom before coming to practice. We would like to limit use at the fields as much as possible.
ARRIVING AT THE COMPLEX (DROP OFF)
- When driving into the complex, please follow the traffic cones and look for the PLAYER DROP OFF sign near the first gate entrance.
- Players will only be allowed to enter the facility through this gate and must remain in their vehicle until a staff member signals for them to exit the vehicle and proceed to the gate.
- Before entering the practice facility, players will have their temperature taken. Players with temperatures over 99.5 degrees will not be allowed to enter the facility (Please check your child’s temperature BEFORE coming to the complex).
- Players should follow social distancing guidelines as they walk to their practice field and not congregate together.
- Players should use face coverings upon arrival and as they walk to their practice field.
- We ask that PARENTS REMAIN IN THEIR CARS during the training session.
- Coaches and staff will wear face coverings as much as possible.
- Players are allowed to practice with or without a face covering depending on personal comfort.
- Players should not handle field training equipment
- Players should avoid unnecessary contact with other players and coaches such as high-fives, hugs, and handshakes.
EXITING THE PRACTICE FACILITY (PICK-UP)
- Players will leave the practice facility through the designated exit gate under the direction of their coach and staff.
- Players will be picked up near the PLAYER PICK UP sign near the last gate before exiting the parking lot.
- A hand sanitizing station will be manned near the exit, allowing players to sanitize their hands prior to getting into their vehicle.
- Parents should move quickly to collect their players through the pick-up line to avoid long wait times.
- There will be a 30-minute buffer between the evening training sessions to limit exposure while players are exiting and entering the practice facility.
- These guidelines will be adjusted as State and Local guidelines are updated.
- Lions FC reserves the right to tailor our guidelines as we see fit to best ensure the safety of all our occupants.
- Anyone wanting to meet with a coach or Lions FC staff member should schedule a meeting time prior to arrival.
- Social distancing guidelines should be followed at all times while in the practice facility.
- Anyone entering and moving through the practice facility should use face coverings as much as possible until returning to their vehicle.
- If your player becomes sick, please notify our Club President immediately. This is our organization’s designated coordinator responsible for our COVID-19 response plan.
- Be prepared to return to previous social distancing protocols if necessary.
The Lions Futball Club is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment as we welcome our players back for training. While some things will be a little different to start, trust that your player will continue to receive the quality training from our professional coaching staff that has built championship teams for over 20 years. We are excited, prepared, and ready!
PRIDE! GUTS! GLORY! LIONS!